Juvenile Lawyer: Expert defense
of juvenile / child arrest & charges
I am San Diego juvenile lawyer Peter M. Liss, and I can help you. I have personally defended hundreds of juveniles (minors) with an arrest and charge of crimes such as:
- Driving offenses
- Arson (setting a fire)
- Alcohol possession or furnishing
- Drug possession or drug sales
- Theft (shoplifting, burglary, robbery)
- Vandalism (including graffiti)
- Rape, child molest, sex crimes
and other criminal offenses in San Diego. I am often retained by parents and grandparents to represent a child charged with committing a crime. If you need a San Diego juvenile lawyer, please call me today for a free consultation. You will receive top representation for a reasonable fee.
Juvenile Offense Facts
The California Juvenile Court System handles cases concerning juveniles. Juveniles may be picked up by the police either for "delinquency" (committing a crime) or a "status offense" -- an age-related offense such as truancy. If a child over 14 commits a very serious offense, the court will hold a "fitness hearing" to decide whether the child should be treated as an adult and tried in the adult criminal court system.
The Juvenile Court system has five steps: 1) filing of petition 2) referral to intake 3) fitness hearing for serious crimes 4) adjudication and 5) disposition. The potential penalties can be severe; a child under age 16 can be incarcerated until age 21, and a child over 16 until age 25. Juvenile defendants have the right to a lawyer but no right to bail or to a jury trial. It is important to obtain a skilled criminal defense attorney as soon as possible to obtain the best results under the particular facts and law of the child's case.
Attorney Peter M. Liss can help you by:
- 1Advising you and keeping you updated at all times on your case status
- 2Negotiating to have children released to their parents, rather than sent to juvenile hall, immediately after arrest.
- 3Interviewing witnesses and police
- 4Gathering evidence supporting child's defenses
- 5Making juvenile court motions. These may include motions to suppress illegally seized evidence and motions to exclude improper testimony.
- 6Arguing in court against transferring the child's case to the adult criminal system.
- 7Evaluating all legal defenses available in the child's case for the adjudication hearing (the trial). These can include insufficient evidence, innocence, lack of a criminal intent, and other defenses
- 8Seeking reduction of charges (when available)
- 9Representing the child at the juvenile adjudication hearing (trial) or in a plea bargain, or representing the child in adult criminal court if the case is transferred there
- 10Presenting the best legal defenses for the child's' case
- 11Seeking alternative sentencing to locked confinement, or the shortest confinement sentence available. Alternative sentences (available in some cases) can include probation, restitution, assignment to community service, placement in a halfway house or foster care, or placement in a training school
More benefits to selecting Attorney Peter M. Liss:
- 12Available every day, every hour. 24-hour in-person answering
- 1329 years experience, hundreds of juvenile offense cases handled, track record of success, over 100 criminal trials, University of California - Berkeley trained lawyer
- 14Attorney Liss personally handles the entire case
- 15Top quality services at reasonable rates
- 16Free first consultation
- 17All major credit cards accepted
- 18Immediate, courteous response
- 19Office across from Vista Courthouse and Jail, with free parking
I have personally defended hundreds of juveniles charged with committing an offense in Vista and San Diego. If you are a parent or grandparent of a child who has been arrested, please call me for a free first consultation to learn how I can help your child. I provide top quality representation for a reasonable fee, and accept all major credit cards. Your child's future could be at stake; please call.
For skilled, immediate help in San Diego juvenile defense, call San Diego Juvenile Lawyer Peter M. Liss:
(760) 643-4050 or (858) 486-3024
How to Contact Attorney Peter Liss
I can help you. For immediate help, you can call me ANY TIME, ANY DAY at
(760) 643-4050 or (858) 486-3024. You may also use this form to contact me for more information. This form is answered Monday through Friday during the working day: