Vista DUI Lawyer:
Drunk or Drugs Driving Defense
I am Vista DUI Lawyer Peter M. Liss. If you have an arrest for driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, including an accident DUI or a felony DUI in Vista or San Diego, I can help you.
I have personally defended many individuals with a DUI arrest in Vista and San Diego. I previously supervised a staff of 10 lawyers who handled California driving under the influence cases, and have tried over 100 criminal jury trials. I have successfully defended many people in DUI trials and in DMV license revocation proceedings. If you need a Vista or San Diego CA DUI defense lawyer, please call me today for a free consultation. You will receive top quality representation for a reasonable fee.
A charge of driving under the influence is really two charges: "driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol (or both)" and "driving with a blood alcohol level of .08 or higher." The penalties are the same for both. A conviction on either offense counts as two points against your negligent operator count at the DMV, and your car insurance will increase. The punishment for each DUI after that is more severe and can include large fines and jail or prison time.
If you are convicted of DUI, your sentence is increased if you were excessively speeding (either more than 100 mph, or more than 30 mph over the speed limit) at the time of the DUI, or had a child under age 14 in the car at the time of the DUI, or had a blood-alcohol reading over .20%, or had a previous conviction within 10 years, or refused to take a blood alcohol or Breathalyzer test. A carefully negotiated plea-bargain may let you avoid a sentence increase.
If you are arrested for driving under the influence and refuse a blood or breath test, you will lose your driver's license for one year. If you take a test and your blood alcohol is .08 % or higher, the officer will take your driver's license. The DMV will give you a 30-day temporary permit; if you or your lawyer do not request a hearing within 10 days of your arrest, you will lose your license for four months. Depending on the facts, at the DMV hearing, your lawyer may present evidence showing that you should not lose your license. The DMV has a separate process for you to apply for a restricted license to drive to work. If the DMV suspends your license and you win your court case, your lawyer can make the DMV return your license.
A DUI conviction is a felony in EITHER of two situations:
: If the drunk driving was negligent or violated a traffic law, AND injured (even slightly) another person. OR,
: A fourth dui conviction within ten years is an automatic felony.
Attorney Peter M. Liss can help you by:
- 1Advising you and keeping you updated at all times on your case status
- 2Arguing for lower bail
- 3Representing you at the DMV license revocation hearing to present evidence (depending on the facts) that your license should not be revoked. (Note: this hearing must be requested within 10 days of your arrest or your license will be suspended for four months.)
- 4Investigating your case and gathering evidence supporting your defenses. This may include having your blood alcohol test redone by a private lab and photographing the scene, among other things
- 5Making court motions. These can include a motion to suppress the evidence, which if successful can result in your case being dismissed
- 6Evaluating all legal defenses available in your case. Depending on the facts, these can include:
: Improper calibration and maintenance of a Breathalyzer machine
: Evidence that your blood alcohol was actually less than the legal limit (.08%)
at the time of arrest
: Mistakes and inaccuracies by the arresting officer
: Evidence that you were not driving
: Improper stop and arrest
: The police officer's failure to advise you of the consequences of refusing to
take a breath or blood test
: Poor road and environmental conditions that may have caused you to fail a
roadside coordination ("sobriety") test
: Physical conditions you have or had at the time of the arrest that may have
caused a poor coordination test
: Other defenses, depending on your particular case.
- 8Seeking reduction of charges (when available)
- 9Representing you at trial or in a plea bargain. In most misdemeanor cases, you will not have to come to court
- 10Presenting the best legal defenses for your case
- 11Seeking alternative sentencing, or the lowest sentence available. Alternative sentences (available in some cases) can include drug or alcohol rehabilitation programs, community service, and other sentences
More benefits to selecting Attorney Peter M. Liss:
- 12Available every day, every hour. 24-hour in-person answering
- 1330 years experience, hundreds of DUI and Felony DUI cases handled, track record of success, over 100 criminal trials, University of California - Berkeley trained lawyer
- 14Attorney Liss personally handles your entire case
- 15Top quality services at reasonable rates
- 16Free first consultation
- 17All major credit cards accepted
- 18Immediate, courteous response
- 19Office across from Vista Courthouse and Jail, with free parking
I have personally defended many people charged with driving under the influence in Vista and San Diego, California. I have also defended many people in accident DUI, felony DUI, and DUI cases with other offenses, such as gun charges or drug possession. If you or someone in your family has been arrested on one of these charges, please call me to learn how I can help you. I provide top quality representation for a reasonable fee, offer a free initial consultation, and accept all major credit cards.
For skilled, immediate help with San Diego DUI defense, call Vista DUI Lawyer Peter M. Liss
(760) 643-4050 or (858) 486-3024
How to Contact Attorney Peter Liss
For immediate help, any time, any day, please call me at (760) 643-4050 or (858) 486-3024.
I can help you.